Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Steep and Cheap

329K views 1K replies 173 participants last post by  Canyonkid 
#1 ·
Ok all you sacaholics, here is the official sac thread. Whiskey Militia counts too. Any other deal, sweet site, whatever you find is good. So post up what you find, how bad your addiction is, and you'll find your support group here.

What's sac anyway??? :rolleyes:

#1,002 ·
#1,007 · (Edited)
You do realize SAC is what started all of these. There was no chainlove, or tramdock, or whiskeymilitia. It was only SAC. They then expanded it to break up the gear into single "sports" and they may not have done very well so they are getting rid of the weaker ones. If this happens to all of them, I hope it is not the end of SAC. I would expect it to just revert back to a one site sort of deal like it was originally.

Having said all that, I will agree that the quality of the items has been decreasing. And when there are good items it is only in size XXXXXL. I wonder if this is because of all the discount sites around now that are not one sale at a time, but still offer significant savings (evo-gear, dogfunk, etc).

#1,009 ·
Kimchi is correct.

The company I work for has a site like this as well called The Daily Steal. This site is loaded up with our close-out items, overstocked items, and sizes that just didn't sell.

Over time, retailers are getting smarter with their ordering. The more we dial in our supply for demand, the less excess we get. Also, the economy affects this as well. As consumers spend less, retailers order less. However, I will say 2010 was a stellar year.

Another reason you see less sales now is because of tighter pricing control by the manufacturers. After what happened with Sierra, the brands finally put the hammer down and tightened up enforcement of these pricing rules.

While these deal sites are awesome for consumers, it's not actually good for retailers in terms of profitability. The discounts are often so deep, that they actually take a loss (big wholesale orders excluded). The reason they keep it running is because it's better to get some of your costs back than none at all with excess inventory. Not even softgoods are profitable on these sites. Hardgoods is by far the worst.

#1,021 ·
i guess this is the best place for this. thought i would share:

EVO.COM Coupon

Just for you, take $20 off Outlet orders of $100 or more* and get free shipping**! This is a great opportunity to gear up with outerwear, googles, accessories, etc.

Use promo code "new20" in your shopping cart to get the $20 discount. Expires 03/17/2011.

Start Shopping Now!

* Offer cannot be used on prior purchases and cannot be used in combination with other codes. Mashups are excluded.
** Free shipping applies to the 48 contiguous U.S. States only

#1,030 ·
I haven't ridden it yet so this is what I'm thinking going into it.. the specs make me think it will be fine. Just learn and understand the technology that is used for the board if you like it because the BS technology and rocker combo is something that I'm expecting to reduce edge catches for jumps and jibs. This would also translate into regular riding by making edges "less susceptible" to catching, so you may not want to return to a camber board with no "concave" or "bowed up" edges after learning on this. Apparently, BurtonAvenger has extensive experience with this board, so he is probably a good source for even more detail...

#1,031 ·
Appreciate it! Ya in my short time before buying it seemed like it would be 'playful' and catch free because of the reverse camber. Pretty well all boards recommened for begineers/intermediate go with the rocker or reverse camber route. Seems that more experienced riders or riders who have only rode regular camber boards and know how they work go with them.

This post has been deleted