Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Danny Kass vs Park Pickle vs Proto vs DH2 vs Banana Magic
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
walove
Veteran Member

i've been on the dh2 and the park pickle.

The dh2 is much stiffer, its a great board for big jumps and cliffs. Its got good pop but you have to work for it since it has lots of carbon in the tail. I don't know if it is the slimewalls or the sidecut but it is very slow to initiate turns on hard pack.

The park pickle has a great flex, stiff enough to charge steeper lines but soft enough to play around in the park and dick around on flatter stuff. I didn't like the tight radius on the heel side edge, just too tight for me but that is preference and i like long sidecuts. I ended up trading the pickle for a skate banana which is pretty much the same but a tad softer and with out the asym sidecut.

I'd say i prefer the pickle/banana over the dh2 because its just a little more versatile over the mountain. I like banana rocker better then the flat between the feet, it seems to make the board turn quicker and ollie quicker. The radial side cut with magnetraction carves really nice, not grabby just very predictable.