Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

2011/12 Evo Base Change

27K views 104 replies 43 participants last post by  fcpchop 
#1 · (Edited)
]We have decided to bring back the "glow off the snow" base colors to our new Evo. Also, the Revolver will keep the black base w/neon green eagle but will also be produced in a flip of these colors.

As always we value any feedback from the Snowboarding Forum community. Please, let us know what you think of these changes.

[/IMG]

Attachments

See less See more
#10 · (Edited)
The SL won't get the flip, it will be the black base w/neon green letters only. We wanted the SL/Legacy to be really clean with the black base but still have some pop with the bright die-cut.

I loved the late release bases too. We did a red/white eagle with flips in addition to the blue. I'll mention to Tracey that you would like to see those in the future.

#6 ·
Nice. I actually received a lot of feedback on the black and green eagle base. Across the board I've been hearing that it is sick. However, from what I've gathered, they'd still choose the neon over it. Some of the older guys preferred the black/green one though.

#19 ·
That's pretty cool that you actually made a change based on rider suggestions that is a rarity in this industry it seems. My 09 revolver (the one with the gun graphics) is holding up so well that it almost looks brand new. If you're reading this please keep making boards that last. My friends all want NS sticks now because of how durable they are

#21 · (Edited)
Thanks for everyones feedback. The owner(s) like the suggestions. StoweBro's idea for the red or blue bases with white eagles and Kayin suggestion of neon orange base. We actually considered doing using a neon orange base on the 2010/11 Evo to match with the top-sheet colors. So we have samples in it and it looks pretty sick.

Keep em coming.

#31 ·
that's really cool actually, that at the very least, consideration is given to what your buyers want!

another suggestion (but perhaps this gets too complicated during manufacturing..) is if you were to make the word "Evo" and/or the NS logo match the color of your bottom sheet, and/or make the guy in the front (looks like he's wearing a suite and mask of some sort) outlined in the same color as your bottom sheet. Just to make him stand out even more from the people in the background of the design.

I know a lot of people like the neon bottom sheet for the glow, which is great, but i LOVE color, and so if there's more color and "wow" on the top sheet, i think it would be great (in theory at least, perhaps it throws off the entire balance to the design)

either way, thanks again Vman!

#22 ·
Man,

If you come out with orange neon base then I hate you the most, keep looking for that base color for a long time, rarely see it. Can you do that for the SL or Heritage, love the new blue base of the late Heritage this year, how many of those boards that you made ?

#23 ·
You won't see it on any boards in the near future. But, I could see using those blue bases on the Heritage again. We only did a small number of those, probably around 30. Used them mainly to fulfill the last of our retailers pre-books. Like I said the owner of NS watches and is influenced by what your saying here. So you can definitely have some influence here.

#27 · (Edited)
ooo laawwwrrd those boards are sexy! (orange/blue base would also look sick) The blue green color scheme matches the top sheet pretty well though.

not to distract from the OG topic too much, but will 10.5 low profile boots work on the 2012 152cm evo? (i'm looking to loose my NS virginity)

#30 ·
Vman,

Thanks for listen , can you give us little better color base for woman board. My gf love to have a noen base color, she like the board but still keep looking for a noen base on the woman boards. I wish her luck because I never see you guys do any neon base on woman boards :)

#32 ·
Unrelated post and going necro on this thread.

I just gotta thank Vince personally. I recently ordered a 2010/11 EVO off NS.com. I ordered it on a Thursday morning with plans to go out Friday to shred. Living in Minnesota, I had no expectation to have it within 4 days.

4 hours after I posted my order the board had shipped from a local shop in Minneapolis with next day delivery. Now thats all fine and good. I was thrilled to get it. The real great part was yesterday (exactly a week from my order date.)

When I posted my order I put a note of how much I was impressed with NS's reputation and how much I appreciated them. I asked nicely for stickers if it wasn't an issue and thanked them for making a great product.

Yesterday I received a hand written note with stickers in the mail from Vince. Thanking me for ordering and giving me the heads up on Never Summer's quality and hand workmanship.

A giant thanks to Vince. It totally made my day and it didn't go un-appreciated. Thanks for making a great product and rocking so much at a job you clearly love.

P.S. The EVO rides like a dream.

#34 ·
2 Votes Unicorn. Maybe you could do a top sheet with the eagle holding a unicorn in its talons, or riding the unicorn into battle against an army of pirate zombies?

The green base on my 10/11 SL is cool, and even though its neon its still alright for 'the older crew'. Orange would look pretty sweet and you could mix variations of colours (thats colors for the 'mericans), as the neon green, blue and purple would all go with it.

#37 ·
Nice... Sounds like one of those Narnia movie but that wouldn't suck.

Keep the neon bases in mind for the older crew and the orange keeps coming up. I like the idea of using multiple "colours" for the base. Kind of like what we did with the ns die on the Proto CT. We did a few using a neon green for the ns, which I liked a lot. Ended up going with a red, that looks kick ass with the black and white base.

Thanks for the suggestion. I can see mixing up the colors for the ns dies(purple, orange etc).

#36 ·
First off let me start off by saying I love the way your company is all about the people, definitely refreshing. The fact that you all ask for input from us and more importantly apply it to your products is why you guys are way ahead of the rest of the board companies.

As for the base colors I would love to see a base with the majority of it being some form of purple.

On a sidenote how long does it take for you all to send out stickers? I placed an email regarding the release date of the Proto C/T and also asked for some sticker to rep NS to the fullest. This was back in mid february and I have not received them yet.

"Hi Curtis,
Thanks for your NS support! The Proto C/T will be available in early September. We'd be happy to send out some stickers to deck your car/board with; just give us an address."

Love you guys even if I never see the stickers!

#39 ·
Sorry about that, damn intern. It definately wasn't me. I never would word it that way. Send me a pm with your address and I'll be sure to get some out to you. I loved the purple/green combo on the 2010/11 Revolver. I thought it was one of the best bases we had on this seasons boards. What color would you like to see with the purple?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.