Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help on Waxing?!?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 02:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
NickCap
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Nope, you did it right and it sounds like you used too much wax, but that`s okay, this is a learning process and as you do it more, you will be a better judge of how much is just enough. As for the scraping....

On fresh powder type snow, definitely get that base nice and slick by scraping, brushing and even corking for the best performance. The wax is embedded into the base; this is the the best glide.

On summer slush or man made ice, you really don`t need to scape all that much. Just knock off the big chunks as this kind of snow is super fast and is very abrassive, most of your work is done by riding the first couple of laps....save some labor and let the mountain do the work.

Edges do wear fastest and you will notice the whitish dryness there first. One trick I use that really helps is to use a colder temperature wax along the edges. Colder wax is harder and it holds up better along your edges...

Oh one more thing.....it is tempting to try to reuse the shavings and I think it is something all of us have tried. Trust me, (yeah I tried it...) it`s more trouble than its worth and usually ends up being a dirty wax job.
Haha thanks im going to hit my edges one more time... the shavings looked like coconut shavings they were soooooo clean... it was a pain to get it off my patio... cause it rained that day hahaha