Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 complete setup review (darko, formula and turbo dream)
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 02:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
ryannorthcott

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
ryannorthcott - just curious what other boards you have ridden and how the Turbo Dream compared.

I am considering buying one that I found for a good deal, but I am hesitating because I was originally thinking my next board would be BTX or something similar (i.e. rocker with some type of edge tech to help grib hard pack and ice).

I was originally thinking I'd buy a C2BTX like the Skunk Monkey or the Dark Series, but they cost much more and not 40% off like the Turbo Dream.
yeah that's the only thing that's biasing my review, my lack of experience with other brands. my previous board was a k2 darkstar, which was a great board, but completely shadowed by the performance of the turbo dream. i also tested out my friends brand new k2 fastplant and found it felt heavier and less lively (if that makes any sense).

i would have loved to demo a couple of lib/never summer/bataleon boards just to get a feel for all the different technologies out there but sadly i didn't have that option. i went with the turbo dream because of my positive experiences with the k2 brand, the quality of reviews, and because it matched well to the type of riding i do. for these reasons i don't regret the purchase at all and i especially don't regret not paying ~$150 more for a lib/gnu/never summer.
ryannorthcott is offline   Reply With Quote