Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rome 390 Boss or Union Force for NS Evo?
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyface View Post
I'd go with the Forces. You are going to be stuck in the middle of the Rome sizes. The only advantage that Bosses have over Forces is canted footbeds, but Forces have better ratchets and a softer highback.
He's just one of few people who have a problem with sizing.

I even made suggestions to another rider who was having the same issue with his Targas as crazyface. After he took some time to adjust them, he ended up loving them.

Not to discount crazyface's opinion, but he is a rare case. And Forces have better ratchets? On the ankle maybe. That toe ratchet is wretched. Again, the toe strap doesn't even hug your boot completely. Don't see Forces winning here.

Another good binding to consider is the Ride Delta. Superb toe strap, but a bit stiffer than the Boss and Force. Ratchets are okay, not horrible or great.

If you go with Rome and have problems adjusting the fit, I'll be glad to help you out as well. If my 9.5 Shrinkage boots fit without a problem in the L/XL, I doubt you will have issues with your boots.