Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to be in control while going faster
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
HoboMaster

Balls out halling ass on ice is more like a death wish then skill. Sure, there is a certain level of skill required where you actually feel somewhat comfortable doing that, but ice is highly unpredictable and if you can't hold an edge, you can't snowboard, regardless of how good you are. Knowing conditions and how your board reacts to them is essential in snowboarding. You ride different types of terrain differently, and accommodate your speed to them. In fresh powder or crunchy groomers, I can go as fast as want because I know how the snow is going to react. On ice or chewed pow however, I check myself and ride with a certain level of caution, because all it takes is once inconsistency to throw you off the horse.

Snowboard progression is weird too, because you always feel like your not progressing that much, or not fast enough, but take a look back at your skills like 1-2 years ago. Big difference right? Just takes time and practice, the more time you spend programming your brain, the better it will naturally react.

Last edited by HoboMaster; 03-09-2011 at 05:45 PM.
HoboMaster is offline   Reply With Quote