Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Second set of equipment - Suggestions?!?!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
StarCommand

I second the NS Pandora.

For speed and pow, the Infinity is much better. But it's stiffer, so it limits your jibbing capabilities. The Pandora is really great on the ice, though. Then again, so is the Infinity.

I'm riding Burton Lexas right now. I like them. I have been using them in everything from pow to park. They're really light. They fixed the toe cap so it doesn't suck anymore.

I've also heard good things, and was looking at, Rome Madisons before I bought the Lexas.

For park specific stuff, I've heard good things about the men's Ride Contrabands--Don't know how the women's stack up, but I imagine they are pretty similar.

Men's gear would make a huge difference. Men's bindings are wider, so if you want to check out men's bindings, bring a boot with you to check for a good fit. The highbacks are also higher on a men's binding, which isn't designed for women's calves. It doesn't mean you can't rock them, just find ones that fit properly.

Boots are all about fit. Try them on. Try them on. Try them on. I have Nike Zoom Force1s and they are incredibly comfortable. I have never had a boot that didn't give me pain--these don't. My toes will sometimes get numb, but a good wiggle, or loosening the laces for a minute relieves that. I'm not used to lace-up boots so I haven't found the happy medium between too tight and snug enough. The Nike's are a little narrow. But they are really nice. There are a lot of boot options and different lacing systems. Try them out and see what you like best. Spend the dough on good boots. Your feet with thank you.