Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help on choosing equipment...
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
NickCats

Got a question for you guys. I'm thinking of buying new gear, but I'm wondering if the benefits outweigh the costs ?

I started snowboarding this year and have gone about 12 times so far. I'm getting pretty good, I can do frontside and backside airs in the pipe, 50/50's on the rails, jumps are pretty decent ( no tricks yet though ), and getting pretty good at carving. I am getting better at riding switch, and I can do clockwise and counter clockwise 360 slides on the ground.

My current gear is a Burton Clash board, Burton Tribute boots, and Burton Freestyle bindings.

I went snowboarding with a buddy this weekend and he has a Burton Doom board, HOD boots, and Freestyle bindings.

Have I outgrown my equipment ? Would there be a dramatic difference with new equipment ? I'm sure feedback would improve, and hopefully a little lighter and more board flex ( my board is pretty stiff ). Is it worth it to shell out $800 - $1000 for new stuff ? What are the main benefits of more advanced ( expensive ) equipment ?

Thanks in advance...

Nick
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote