Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Introduce yourself
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 10:13 PM   #1399 (permalink)
ManaKnight

Hey everyone.

To keep this short, I always enjoyed watching snowboarding and playing snowboarding games for many years, but lived far away from the slopes (along with not having much money). Once I moved out to the Mid-Atlantic Region and had friends that were into snowboarding (along with a job that pays), I decided to finally try it late last year. Lets just say I'm completely hooked and snowboarding has become my favorite thing to do. Got my own board/bindings/boots and upgraded all my winter gear. I mostly stick to Liberty/Whitetail/Roundtop since I'm an MD resident, but plan to travel out more.

As for how I snowboard, first time I went down the bunny hill falling a few times, but the day I went I was having perfect runs, so I've upgraded to steeper slopes. Still not going down the deepest slopes yet, but I'm making progress. My only issues are I need to get better at turning (being more consistent with it and having better flow going heel side and toe side) and stopping (I usually fall when stopping).
ManaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote