Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Knees and Forward lean.
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Default Knees and Forward lean.

I have been riding for 6 years now, mostly alone. A long time surfer/rider friend joined me...and observing my riding gave me two key advices. Best advices ever.

A little forward lean in your bindings help a lot reducing that back side carve chatter, and engage that front edge faster. I avoided it because it eats up your calves faster, but I'm a fan now. Better turns, more responsive board.

Tuck that back knee in, after the apex of your turn.He noticed my tendency to open my back kneee toward the tail of the board, when squatting in the middle of a turn, especially heel side...Probably for stability, mostly for bad habit. Even with both positive angles ( +18+12)

Tucking it IN instead, (as he suggested) toward the center/nose of the board made the tail follow the nose in a much more correct and efficent way, eliminating yet more chatter and making my heelside carve as good as my toeside one, Add stability and style.

And one more:
I waxed abundantly 2 days ago, but scraped less...( usually I would scrape until almost nothing comes off, leaving a thin, well spread layer of wax.)
This time I did just one strong passage (with a new scraper) leaving quite a bit of wax on the board... a nice even greasy layer that I conditioned with brush and cork. the board was FLYING on the windblown powder and on the slush-like frozen pow later. Best waxed base ever. So Scrape less, fly more.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote