Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on 2011SkateBanana
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
itzzzberny

Default Thoughts on 2011SkateBanana

Here's a couple of thoughts on the SkateBanana. I finally got more time on this board and i can confidently say that i was worth the money (i spent $354/shipped no tax on the assorted SB). I've read in a lot of different reviews about how this board has issues going at high speed. This past weekend i was up at Mammoth and went on some bomber runs and it seemed to hold up great. I went up to the sierra and was flying past everyone down the hill. I had no issues of any kind. I was getting great pop from this board as well. I was a bit worried having seen sour reviews but in the end, i'm glad i made the purchase. i would recommend this board but i would say that you should demo it a couple times.
One thing i loved was that it was like riding a skateboard (duh... Skatebanana). I had a couple friends tease me about how i went w/ a "cheater" board. I gave them the bird w/ a smile. I work hard and after using the same setup for 6 years, i think i deserve to spoil myself.

BTW i just purchased Force Union bindings and they are amazing.
total upgrade from my 6 year old drake f-60s. Next season, replacing my 6 year old DC Phase Boots.

So if your thinking of getting a SB, go demo it and don't let people's shit talking make you double guess your selection, regardless if you pick the SB or not.

One man's trash is another man's treasure...
itzzzberny is offline   Reply With Quote