Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - First time on a mountain
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
CrunchyKraft

Default First time on a mountain

I've been creeping around this forum for about a month now, just taking in the knowledge and some information from more experienced riders. This is actually my first season riding. I've always wanted to do it and finally this year I got my ass out there and did it. So a buddy and I planned a trip to Winter Park, CO this winter. I wasn't sure if I was going to be ready for it, seeing as I'm from Iowa and stuck in the Midwest with glorified bunny hills.

It was basically the best time I've ever had on a vacation. Maybe just the best 3 day period I've ever had. That shit is epic. We had beautiful weather the whole time. (40 degrees at the base) I made sure to take my Canon DSLR up, which I'm not very efficient with yet. My buddy carried it on his back as I wasn't comfortable putting 900 dollars worth of gear on my back and riding down 3000 ft or so from the summit. But I figured I'd share some pictures just in case anyone is bored.

I honestly can't wait for this summer to be over now.

Standing on the Mary Jane summit

My board

My buddy.

Me eating it.
CrunchyKraft is offline   Reply With Quote