Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 40+ "First time experience" snowboarder from NJ
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Amarc

Talking 40+ "First time experience" snowboarder from NJ

Yo, Just want to say hi, I think this site is excellent! Kudos to the web admin. I just wanted to share my first time experience with my 11 yr old and 8 yr. First off, I always desired to learn snowboarding and why I wanted so long is beyond me. Anyway I challenged my boys to a "fun fastest learner" competition. It started @ Camelback MTN. Pa. with a 1 hour private lesson with individual instructors for each of us at 9am. Well by 1030am my 11 yr old smoked us by being the first of the magic carpet and on the lift. After lunch at 1pm my 8 yr old and me were also on the lift. The good news is I only caught one bad back side edge the damaged my new Red helmet but no stars and no concussion so I got up and continued. We had a blast for two days riding every green trail. I was able to ride and climb a few berms with my 11 yr old not as good as him though. Also by 6pm on day two I and my boys successfully rode two rails in the progression park. My kids were stoked. To go from private lessons sat. To top of the mountain Sunday add in a little free style it was awesome and a judge success. I look forward to next season and we will all have our own boards. So any input or comments feel free and thanks for having me.
Amarc is offline   Reply With Quote