Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help diagnosing bad habit when jumping in the Park
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
bamfb2

Default Need help diagnosing bad habit when jumping in the Park

How ya doing? Ok, I need some help. I've been hitting park jumps fine for a while now. Unfortunately, I must have picked up a bad habit recently, because things are now going wrong. Another bummer is that I have no video of myself, as I don't have any friends who snowboard (in my area).

For whatever reason, when I'm doing grabs or a basic air (no spins involved), I tend to spin a bit sideways in the air, causing an ass first landing with my board slightly uphill from my arse. So I hit the lip, pop, fly upward/forward, but rotate maybe 45 degrees counter clockwise (I'm goofy). Knees are bent and the side of my ass (right cheek) hits first. It's just a little shift, but it fucks me every time. This is particularly problematic with large jumps. I'd like to know what different things could cause this.

I'm aware of all the 'steps' for jumping and such. As I said, I've hit these jumps fine a lot in the past. Right now I'm doing something wrong, but I'm unaware of it. So, I think I'm doing the right thing, but the results say otherwise. I can hit smaller jumps fine with proper technique, but for whatever reason, it's not translating to larger ones.

Suggestions? Advice? Looking for specific technique that could cause such movement. I'm essentially trying to diagnose the issue by myself. I plan to try different ideas out and see if I can work out the issue by trial and error.

Full disclosure: I posted this on another forum as well.
bamfb2 is offline   Reply With Quote