Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help diagnosing bad habit when jumping in the Park
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Hm. People really aren't listening are they? Not a confidence problem, he's been doing this for a while. Not a "rotating to face the jump", he's rotating backside, and a toe-edge launch will just make it worse. Sorry guys, I'm not trying to be a PITA, but that's what the electrons say.

Bamfb2, your problem is likely either going off the jump slightly toeside, or cranking your upper body as you launch, or hitting the lip with a bit of a lean. Seems to me that A or B would give you a clean rotation, not the board-up-the-hill-fell-on-my-ass landing. Without any video evidence, I'd bet you've started leaning slightly forward and heelside as you launch. Dunno why -- maybe the jump is no longer level and you're compensating, maybe because of your approach you're initiating a slight heelside turn as you hit the lip. But it would cause the landing you describe. Fair warning, I'm basing this on physics, not experience. I'm no old pro by any means (old, yes. pro, no)

Yeah, that's me, Tracer Bullet. I've got eight slugs in me. One's lead,
the rest bourbon. The drink packs a wallop, and I pack a revolver. I'm
a private eye.
-- Calvin
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote