Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

270 on to box/rail features?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  NickCap 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey I have been working a lot on my park riding this season and have got enough confidence to try some more advanced moves on the beginnerish features: funboxes, flat boxes, down boxes etc.

I know that I'm doing something wrong with my frontside spins, mainly I think I open up too early and my arms tend to do this weird counter-rotation which is obviously bad. That is a big problem for 360's but also it is making these 270s probably more difficult than it needs to be.

Here is a short video of front 270 on to the funbox:

Any tips, other than the obvious "JUST COMMIT! I know my head is in the wrong position (not really leading/looking over my left shoulder during the spin) and I think I can correct that; I am mainly looking for tips on how to properly visualize this & execute it, especially pertaining to those flailing arms.

#2 ·
your shoulders will follow your head, and your arms will follow your shoulders. so if you commit to it and look the proper way, then your shoulders will automatically follow through. Since you already know your head is in the wrong position, then its a simple fix from there.

#4 ·
that was actually really good you landed in a pretty solid FS board/BS lip with a counter rotated upper body position. its not problem that you where counter rotated because if they wheren't you would continue to rotate. on a box like that its not that bad but if that happens on a long handrail you might have one hell of a wipeout.

#5 ·
thanks that was actually my first attempt of the day, but it happened to be the best footage that shows everything clearly.

I get that the counter-rotation might be necessary to help stop or slow the spin but my problem is that I am not in control of that counter-rotation.

it's not a voluntary counter-rotation and that is the problem; I feel like it makes these 270s more difficult, less-consistent to land and more importantly it's fucking with my spins if I try to do 360 I stop at about the 270ish mark. I could take another video of me failing at fs 360 on a jump, but it would look very much like my 270 on, so I am trying to correct this problem too.

Thanks so far!

#7 ·
what I think is that the moment you land on the box you are looking ober you right shoulderand the you turn around to look over your left. If you want to fakie out you should keep looking at the box and jus tur you shoulders and you will end up looking over you righ shoulder. If you want to get off the rail regular just to what the guy above said and keep loking over your left shoulder while rotating and land on the box in that position

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.