Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 270 on to box/rail features?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
alecdude88

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
thanks that was actually my first attempt of the day, but it happened to be the best footage that shows everything clearly.

I get that the counter-rotation might be necessary to help stop or slow the spin but my problem is that I am not in control of that counter-rotation.

it's not a voluntary counter-rotation and that is the problem; I feel like it makes these 270s more difficult, less-consistent to land and more importantly it's fucking with my spins if I try to do 360 I stop at about the 270ish mark. I could take another video of me failing at fs 360 on a jump, but it would look very much like my 270 on, so I am trying to correct this problem too.

Thanks so far!
what really helped me learn FS 3s was forcing my self to keep my jaw on my left shoulder. I see people mess up spins all the time just because they stop looking the way they are spinning.
also as a veteran jibber the 270 on will feel extremely weird and wrong but eventually it will click. also try committing more weight on your foot thats mostly on box to prevent slipping off and make the jib feel more solid. I still feel a bit sketchy when i 270 onto a box and land dead center of my board.
alecdude88 is offline   Reply With Quote