Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

welp... seasons basically over...

5K views 52 replies 30 participants last post by  MistahTaki 
#1 ·
hey guys,

season is basically over in NJ... wanted to go today bbut dad couldnt take me... FML hopefully ill be able to go to big boulder or something this week!!! i guess i gotta hibernate and deal with the warm weather... :( anyone else depressed lol!

#3 ·
Depressed? Hell No! camping, hiking, fishing, boating, wake-boarding, jet-skiing, White water rafting, then the tail end of the good weather is hunting season. Once hunting season is over, then its immediately back into snowboarding for the winter. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

#4 ·
like panhandler i also have summer activities i cant wait for, mainly drifting and road racing. those two things take up a great deal of my summer, every month its party, work on cars, race, party more and then start again the next month. im going to also be trying my hand at mountain biking as i need a way to stay in shape over the summer. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
After having a slushed out adventure today, I think I'm ready for summer. I'd dig another month of snow, but this slush is like riding in chunky gravy. Time to dust off the Disc Golf Bag and get ready for tournament season.

#7 ·
I'm little depressed, but probably because I only got to go 3 times this season and I'm just staring at the hills around me that keep getting new snow and I don't have my gear or the money to go. At least one of those days I went was probably the best day I ever had riding.

Bring on summer, time to do some surfing, long boarding, and hanging out at the beach with my little daughter. Can't wait.

#8 ·
Wow I'd figure you'd all be more bummed at the end of the season, it doesn't seem like ya'll care too much. I know there's lots of things to do in the summer, (me it's riding rollercoasters and swimming) but STILL I'm going to be deathly malnourished due to depression once my hill closes after April 3rd.

#10 ·
I don't really get depressed so much as restless and bored. I have about a 1-2 months of no boarding at all, maybe shorter if it stays this warm might be able to get my boat out end of April. I got a new wakeboard at the end of last season and only got one day on it so I'm stoked for this summer to get here and get comfy on the new deck.

#14 ·
kind of depressing but that's what makes snowboarding so fun. you only get to board on the winter season and for the rest of the year you have something to look forward to. if i was able snowboard year-round i would get bored of it. temps are already in 70's here and it feels nice to ride my motorcycle in warmer weather.

#17 ·
definitely bummed. trying to squeeze out one more day at Hunter this weekend but otherwise thats a wrap for this season.
Summer brings volleyball, bikinis, and lots of awesome parties though so I'll survive.. plus summer in jersey is awesome.

#22 ·
I guess it's bittersweet. I want to get out to k-ton or something this spring, but the cold isn't really nice unless there is good amount of snow on the ground. If there's no coverage it loses the "effect"

#25 ·
Estimated 10-12 inches overnight. I was already out of snowboard mode.

Now I've gotta wax mine and my friends board and get up a few hours later to go before work. This better be worth it. fresh turns and powder burns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.