Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #112 (permalink)
naughtry

I am riding a Capita Ultrafear FK 153 w/ Forces this year and was thinking about the 2012 154 Evil Twin w/ Union Contact Pros. I am 5'10.5", 150 lbs, sz 9 boots.

Is the Evil Twin any softer this year and how does it handle pow? Will it be any similar to flat kick in powder? I LOVE the loose quick turning and easy maneuverability of the 153 Ultrafear in powder but sort of wish it wasn't so washy when haulin on groomed snow.

I ride in Lake Tahoe (getting a pass to Squaw and Northstar 11-12) and am usually in either the park (some jibbing, mostly jumps up to 40-50 feet) or riding glades and steep lines when there is powder. I do double blacks, small cliff drops, etc. when there is powder to be found but otherwise its the park or playing around the mountain doing butters and side hits.

Could anyone answer this, which would float better in powder my 153 Ultrafear or 154 Evil Twin? I have a Capita 156 Indoor Survival cambered also but the 153 floats better in pow and is way easier to maneuver for quick technical turns around rocks and trees too.

So basically I want a board that floats good in pow but is not too long and is easy to maneuver for quick turns in extremely steep and technical pow terrain AND is still fun for when I hit the park late day. I know it's a compromise but if anything this board should be more pow free-riding oriented but still playful enough for the park.

Last edited by naughtry; 03-20-2011 at 06:03 PM.
naughtry is offline   Reply With Quote