Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - If your season is over (or almost) what did you accomplish this year?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sincraft

Default If your season is over (or almost) what did you accomplish this year?

My goal, to learn to ride! brand new at the end of last season, I only rode on my toe edge one time on the last run last year. Rental boards and a few times out...focused on not falling at all and that was about it.

This year I'm finally comfortable riding. I'm popping my board up over snow piles, riding my edges as hard as I can to pseudo carve on some occasions, and I pretty much beat the issue I was having mid season with toeside to heelside turns. I finally learned to put my body more in line with the hill to execute fast turns on steep slopes, I've learned to fall ALOT better than when I first started.

All in all, it has been a good season even with the HORRIBLE conditions and weather we have had. Rain, slush, ice, rinse repeat.

Last time out, I was riding switch a bit, and a few times before that tried out the halfpipe a few times after falling on my face the first time.

Can't complain, just hoping my knee heals and I can ride harder next year on better conditions.

I reached my goals for the year, which was basically learn as much as I could before the end of the year...

How did you guys do? and how long have you been riding?

Last edited by Sincraft; 03-20-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote