Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - If your season is over (or almost) what did you accomplish this year?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
sook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincraft View Post
I hit the beginner park and rode over some jumps, wanted to try the rails and boxes but was too afraid to fubar my board. How bad does this screw up your board? I really don't want to detune my edges for park riding but it looks like next year I'm going to get the itch to ride park. Hmmm maybe I need another board? I have my powder/crud set back board.. sounds like I'll be shopping this summer for a clearance park board?!
Boxes go pretty easy on it as long as they are properly maintained by park staff. Stay away from rails if you can't bear a blemished base. Get a jib board and keep your current deck for jumps and cruising with speed.

I've tried to put alot of polish to my flatland game this season as I'm riding alot of greens and mellow blues. I haven't progressed much in the park. I'd love to feel like 7s are dialed and to throw a grab in there, but I doubt that'll happen.