Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - new to the site from co
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 03:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

you would be suprised..... depending on snow conditions you dont always want your weight on your from foot.... someone to ride with you that knows what to look for, they can tell you what you are doing wrong mechanically that is causing it that you dont know what you are doing.... I would prefer to do lessons but my wife(being a typical woman) does not want to do lessons and I dont wanna leave her hanging without a partner. I put my son in lessons pretty much every day on the mountain. I also sent him to high cascades in summer last year and have signed him up again this year. That is why he is so freakin good with only about 70 days on the snow at 11 years old... I have a buddy that gets one lesson for every two days he boards, he is very good after about 60 days on the snow too. I would feel comfortable with my 11 y/o going on a heli-boarding trip, he is that comfortable with his body mechanics on the board. Ice, packed powder, slush, deep powder.... all the conditions will change the way you ride... You can learn this stuff on your own eventually but having the trained eye really helps unless you have a friend that is good at boarding and can help.

I actually learn new riding techniques by following my son down the mountain and mimicking him. riding switch, carving, taking small jumps, 360s, weight transitions for going into different conditions like coming off a groomer into some deep powder.....
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote