Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ankle pain from boots or bindings?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
gauntlet09

Holy novel of an OP! I had to edit it and cut it in half...and it's still embarassingly long-winded! My apologies, rookie mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Moves View Post
Since this was revived...

When I made the transition to BOA, I had to adjust to being able to get the BOA exactly the way I wanted it and sometimes I still don't dial it in the way I should.

I know that the bottom cables for my front foot have to be lot looser than for my back. Otherwise, I get ankle pain in my front foot and it's mostly from pressure against the ankle. If I dial it the way it should be, I'm fine.

You probably already found your comfort zone, but thought I'd drop this in case it can help anyone else...
^^^This^^^ Excellent reply! Also, I found it took a lot longer to break my boots in than I had anticipated (8-10 days or more).

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzcat View Post
i have the same problem... my boots are Bonfire Blaze..any solutions?
Don't know the specifics of your boot, but for me once my boots were broken in and I got my "lacing" dialed in better (trial and error, a continuing saga), I haven't had nearly the ankle pain I was having! I also started wearing low-profile ankle braces, which help a little but not much. I'm still suspicious that the bindings being much wider than the boots has something to do with it.

Last edited by gauntlet09; 03-21-2011 at 04:50 PM.
gauntlet09 is offline   Reply With Quote