Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Capita Quiver Killer vs. GNU Altered Genetics - worth the extra $?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 01:01 PM
schmitty34
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icd2k3 View Post
Thanks for the reply! How do you feel about the hybrid camber? the boards I've been renting are soft normal camber so I assume the feel of the GNU will take a bit of getting used to. Worth the extra $200 in your opinion?

Oh also, not sure how much it makes a difference, but I'm looking at bindings such as the Burton Cartels or Rome Targas to pair with it.

Basically I'm looking for a board that I can grow/learn into over the next 4 years or so. Expecting it to throw me around for the first few runs.
I ride a camber board right now, but I rode lib's C2BTX (the same as what the AG has) a few weekends ago and loved it. The magnatraction works real well, and the C2 hybrid seems to give you the benefits of both camber and rocker.

I don't know anything about the Capita, but I know GNU makes good boards (I've been riding one for a few years now) and the magna will be great for the east coast ice.