Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Capita Quiver Killer vs. GNU Altered Genetics - worth the extra $?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icd2k3 View Post
Thanks for the reply! How do you feel about the hybrid camber? the boards I've been renting are soft normal camber so I assume the feel of the GNU will take a bit of getting used to. Worth the extra $200 in your opinion?

Oh also, not sure how much it makes a difference, but I'm looking at bindings such as the Burton Cartels or Rome Targas to pair with it.

Basically I'm looking for a board that I can grow/learn into over the next 4 years or so. Expecting it to throw me around for the first few runs.
I rode 1.5 seasons on a stiff camber board (Technine Split-T ... hey it was cheap!) and jumped onto a hybrid camber (never summer SL). It didn't take me a second to get used to it. Immediately it felt fun. The board is a little more loose without being too much so. Lots of times where I would have caught an edge (loose boots ... since fixed) trying to turn on my old board, the SL didn't even flinch, it just kept riding through my stall/hesitation.

I've never rode a full rocker/reverse yet. Only camber and the NS RC, but so far, I like it.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote