Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer Pandora/Infinity
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
cocolulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but I'm actually in a similar situation. I want to grab either the Pandora or Infinity for my wife. She's riding a 139cm Burton Feather right now, and looking at the sizing, the smallest Pandora is 140cm and the smallest Infinity is 145cm. There's also a 1 yr warranty on the Pandora vs. a 3 yr warranty on the Infinity.

She might be interested in some park stuff, but I think her riding will be 80% mountain and 20% park at most. I'm leaning toward the Infinity due to the longer warranty, but will the size difference be an issue? Her stats are 5'0" 100lbs, size 5.5 boot.
I'm 5'1", 108 lbs, and I ride a 145 Infinity, 2011. It's on the long'ish side if you care about height (it's almost up to my eyes with no shoes), but I'm on the heavier side of its weight range.

The board handles great... I have no problems turning it. Your gf is a tad smaller than me though, so I dunno.

Lilfoot, who probably has closer physical characteristics says she feels like the Infinity is a bit too long for her, but I think it's perfect, not too stiff, not too noodly. It's a bit on the heavier side.

I've never tried a Pandora.

Quote:
she hates the topsheet and is in love with Pandora's.... and is somewhat stubborn
Funny, because I'm not a fan of the 2011 Pandora's topsheet It doesn't matter I guess, but if it's worth anything I think the Infinity looks more 'girly/cute' in person than in the pictures. It has a white line around the edge, and when you mount white bindings to it, it looks cute. Still not swirly/glittery/flowery though The 2012 Pandora looks cool to me.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote