Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Sbforum Vinyl

31K views 245 replies 53 participants last post by  Faru1004 
#1 ·
Title is pretty self explanatory. I want to some sbforum vinyls! Make it happen so I can stick some on my boards :D

#8 ·
In.

Don't want to be pessimistic, but it depends on VS' policy. While the members of online community gives life to the forum and drives its success, the fact is that someone else owns it, makes the advertising dollars from it, and sometimes they get a little 'overprotective' whenever money starts changing hands in the name of forum...even if it's for little or no profit, only serves to bring value in promoting the board, etc. Is there a mod or someone from VS that can speak to this?

I just made some custom vinyl for my board and would be interested in donating some time and effort. But I don't want to get started and have 'the man' put the kaibosh on it.

#11 ·
The meet is a thing you have set up via the forum. We've been willing to help you by allowing it to be promoted through the site. There is little to no resources for monetary support. Maybe we'll get you a beanie next year. We also do not claim we own this event either. So do what you will.

HuskyFlip, I see very little problems with you creating a vinyl sticker. I seriously doubt our online store sales amount to an anthill of cash. The money made is off of the advertisers on this site. If the stickers become such a hot item, I am sure things can be worked out. At worst you would just have to quit making them. I certainly feel this is something forum members deserve to have. They have made the site what it is, and it is the "hand that feeds". VS knows this.

#12 ·
This forum wont help you in anyway. You have to do it on your own as I have done for the past 4 years on this place with the meets!

If you want to do it, do it yourself, that way it gets done

end of conversation!!!!!
I have the mind set that a forum is where people gather to discuss... whatever. If you have found people with whom you can meet, this forum has served its purpose.

#17 ·
Thanks, KC. :thumbsup: If the forum management doesn't see this as a revenue-generating thing for them, I propose to run this credit-union style, where the services and goods provided will just cover the production efforts, material and mailing costs, i.e. not for any significant profit. Any chance of getting the logo in an Illustrator (.ai) version 9 file? I can recreate it, but that would save me the work to scan/trace and clean it up. Vinyl cutters prefer a vector format like .ai over any bitmap format. If not,no biggie. Also, if you have any questions or concerns at any point in this project, PM me and we can take it to email or exchange phone numbers.

To the forum - I'll do my best to get this going and run it as best I can, but I can't please everyone. I'm relatively new here, but have been an active member of fishing and car forums for over ten years and have seen what works and doesn't. Most projects like this die on the vine arguing over insignificant decisions. So I'll take some feedback for a little bit, but at some point will have to just call the shots. Obviously I'm going to try to make the thing desirable to the overwhelming majority. Back to you asap.

#22 ·
When I think about a logo for this place all I can come up with is somthing along these lines.

[/URL][/IMG]

Simple, clean and lets people know whats up.

Somthing cleaner and nicer font would look dope IMHO

#23 ·
I like where Little Devil is going. Not sure about the snowboard, but definitely like the abbreviation.

I think the f should be capitalized though. SbF in some sick fonts would look good. I kind of like that snowboarder logo on the banner too though.

#24 · (Edited)
Awwww, I thought the board made it.... Though the one I made looks like complete crap. But the idea is there! lol

Under the board in smaller font could say, snowboardingforum.com for t's and such. :dunno:

-edit-

Mountian is shit, but once again you get the idea. All I know is copy and paste in paint and I cant even do that good.

Actually, ^these^ would suck as stickers, maybe shirts though.

-Edit-

This one might look good on a t9 lol

#26 ·
I kid you not Little Devil, I was on the same track as you last night. Just like the abbreviation thing. I guess we have similar artistic tastes? LoL.

Seeing the way your S was made, I think it would be cool to make the S part like a carved snowboard line :D

#27 · (Edited)
If a boarder is added I would suggest having them not doing a trick or being on the board. Maybe standing there board in hand. He also has to be a silouette I would believe for it to be made into a die cut.

For example-

I dont have the skill to cut this guy out and add him though.

-edit- Are we looking for die cut vinyl? A general logo? Looking to attract people here? Looking for keeping sorta unknown and underground (lol on the internet) Like only established members can buy the thing or what?

Im lost as to what am actually messing around with these for?

Die cuts have to be one color silhouettes. Thats what I was working with, aswell as thinking to print shirts one color would be the cheapest.

*Note* I've never designed anything for either, so im just throwing shit out there seeing where it hits and if it sticks.

If its to attract people the full name and everything is good. If its for us, we already know what sbf stand for.

Ambigram style!

Blown up a bit

#34 ·
I think the first one in PanHandler's mixed with the snowboarder in andreas' logo would be sick. I don't like "The" being in there. The way PanHandler has it layed out, leaves a perfect spot for the snowboarder in the upper right.

Big n bold
(Coloring is just to make 'em easier to look at in a group)
The blue one with "Forum.com" in the bar looks super legit! It even looks good in that color. That one I will have to say is the best one so far. I would put that on my boards immediately.

Maybe we can incorporate the snowboarder in that one as well?

#29 · (Edited)
That bold font is hot panhandler. REALLY feeling that. Anyway, I have some good news for the sake of manufacturing these vinyls. I take CADD (computer aided design and drafting) as an elective in school, and we have a vinyl cutter in the class. Our teacher is a really cool guy who lets us cut our own vinyls out every once in a while, and I might be able to print a few sheets of the vinyls out for a VERY affordable price, most likely. The only cost would be whatever it costs for the vinyl, considering all I need to do is print it out from his computer. He also skis and snowboards so he shouldn't mind ;) If you need some help just hit me up with a PM or w.e and I'll inquire about it.

EDIT: Threw this together really quick as well. Drew inspiration from The North Face.

#42 ·
I like the sbF ones.. I'd throw that on there... not necessarily the Snowboardingforum.com parts just because it drags on... is a little overkill... and it looks like an advertisement (to me)

But the sbF is sick though.. I would definitely rock that on my jib board.

the comicy feel grabbed my attention.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.