Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Loyal Flow Rider having serious doubts...
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

3 seasons of a lot of riding? Or moderate? 3 seasons is a reasonable run for bindings in my book. I never make it past 2

That's mainly for my gear whoring though ahaha. For park response, it depends on what model you get. I don't like the FSE for park at all since they are really stiff. I'd do an M9SE or ATSE. Remember, Flow has pro riders that throw it down on their bindings so it's not the binding itself. I will admit that I have an easier time popping with my traditional strapped canted bindings, but that's just effort. Edge to edge is actually quicker on Flows from my experience.

With that said, I finally got rid of my Flows out of my quiver. Not because of quality or performance really, but due to my love for canted footbeds. I have to weigh the pros and cons. Flows are much easier on my feet, but canted footbeds are a lot better for my knees. I want to save my knees coz of my wider stance.

Ride makes excellent bindings as well as Rome.

PS. Flow has changed a lot over the last 3 years. Also, ask all the Flow haters if they have tried multiple pairs of their mid-top tier bindings in recent years. I am almost positive most will say no.