Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM   #230 (permalink)
mvandevegte

Default Just when I thought I had figured things out

Hi All,

Just when I thought I had found the perfect board for me (the NS SL), I found out about the NS Proto CT. I am looking for advice from folks that have tried both on which would suit me best.

I am 6'1" and about 200lbs. I ride about 50/50 Mountain (freeride) / Park. I would consider myself an intermediate to advanced freerider, but I am relatively new in the Park (it is the only way to hang out with my son on the hill). My park riding is limited to the pipe and jumps.

Historically, I have ridden all Burton camber boards. After trying out some hybrid rockers this year, I knew it was time for a change. I tried the 2011 Burton Flying V, the 2011 Burton Sherlock, the 2012 Lib Tech TRS, the 2012 Lib Tech T.Rice and an older Never Summer SL (2010/2011 I think - a friends). I found the Burtons to be loads of fun, but too loose for serious carving and the Lib Techs to be too grabby (not sure if the MTX suits me). The Never Summer SL seemed just about right.

I would appreciate any thoughts from folks that have tried both boards on which would best suit my riding ... the Never Summer SL or the Never Summer Proto CT.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mike
mvandevegte is offline   Reply With Quote