Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Westmark vs Evo
Thread: Westmark vs Evo
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
jdang307
Veteran Member

Default Westmark vs Evo

Ok I just got an SL, but ... I'm finding the board stiffer than I wanted. I wanted a flexible playful board that could still keep up with buddies as we take runs down the mountain. The SL has the all mountain part down, however I'm finding the playful part lacking.

Yes, that is due to my lack of skill. I know people butter/jib with the SL, I can't. I suck. Now until I get better, I want a board that will allow me to learn that Maybe it's my weight, I dunno, 135 on a 151 (smallest SL they make).

Graphics are #2 in my book (performance first) but the 2011 EVO graphics, no way. The westmark graphics don't sway me either way for 2011 or 2012, so I can grab a 2011 now for quite cheap.

I've done the searches, and those are the two I've narrowed down to. Also was considering some smokin snowboards, as I ride So Cal so we get some icy groomers from time to time and I like the idea of magne (notice all boards have some sort of grip technology). bigwig/clancy/knaack/mip
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote