Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Loyal Flow Rider having serious doubts...
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHC View Post
i only do about 12 days per season so its definitely not that the bindings are worn out.

also, i think anyone would want their bindings to have good heel hold no matter what type of riding you are doing.

im probably not gonna get Flows again just on the possibility that they have improved since my last pair.
If the bindings don't hold your heel, there are two reasons why:

1) You bought the wrong size or didn't make proper adjustments

2) Your boot just isn't compatible with the bindings (this is rare, but it does happen)

Also, you not wanting to use Flows again is one thing, but coming on an Internet forum to start a thread to basically talk about Flow's low quality based on a 3 year old pair is another story. It's these type of posts that give good companies a bad reputation. I've asked numerous Flow haters around here why they dislike them and the vast majority base their opinions off of what friends have told them/experienced or off a pair from a century ago. Furthermore, these same people have not even demoed more than one pair if that.

You can't use the argument that you wouldn't buy something based on the possibility of improvement. Then you should have 0 desire to buy anything since your old Missions are holding up. What are you expecting from Flow then if not improvements? You want them to be made out of gold? Oh wait, they have a pair made of gold

You posted a thread about a problem you're having and we're trying to give you opinions here. No need to be snobby.

Other park bindings to consider:

Ride Delta/Contraband series

Flux RK30

Rome 390 Boss (Call Rome if you order these and ask for replacement ladders and ratchets. Easy fix that make the bindings superb. One of the best customer service departments that I have come across.)

If you like Burton, Cobrasharks are cheap and hold up really well. I like these better than most of their more expensive bindings.

Forum Republic