Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #125 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek142 View Post
I'm looking into a all mountain/freeride deck. I live in NYC so I mostly shred in NY or PA and once in a while VT. I was looking into next years 156/158 Goliath, 156/159 Jam or 158 Omni. I'm leaning toward the Goliath or Jam in 156 cause mountains here are small, icy and crowded and being 170 lbs and 5'10".

What I would like to know is how would those boards handle ice because that's a big thing here. (Heard that it's a good idea to down size a board size to have extra grip.) I have heard that TBT is a little sketchy on icy conditions.

Also, which board would be a good match for me. I just want to go fast and yet still cruise around my slow buddies.
Hi Tomek,

TBT in itself rips on ice! That said, any soft true twin model will suffer a little on boilerplate. The TBT design allows for full edge contact with only a small amount of edge pressure, but still keeps the contact point edges free at those critical moments that tend to happen quick and snap you down hard.

You likely want the Omni, but please post your foot size so we can know for sure.

Thanks.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote