Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - shoulder injury question
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

Instead of relying on a brace for the rest of your life which will eventually make the joint less stable how bout you try some rehab and strengthening exercises. I have had my fair share of injuries and i do believe that braces have their place (knee brace, ankle brace, back, neck etc) but to brace a shoulder is not only extremely difficult to do but it is sometimes pointless depending on the activity you partake in. As im sure you know the shoulder is a ball and socket joint, which like the hip gives us the abilty to have the maximum amount of rotation and movement compared to a elbow or knee which allows for limited movement. This basically means even if braced if you fall at the right (or wrong) angle while snowboarding the brace will not and physically cannot stop you from re-injuring the shoulder. Thus physical work on the joint is the only sure way to make everything stronger and less prone to injury, even if you are past the point of rehab and surgery is the only option then strength training will help you recover faster after having the surgery. There are heaps of options online to find exercises and info, here are some i like

Rotator Cuff Tears - All About Rotator Cuff Tears

http://www.physioadvisor.com.au/8043...physioadvi.htm