Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

jay peak, vt.

5K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  Mysticfalcon 
#1 ·
Yo, so a buddy and i deceided to take another trip out here while we still can. We'll prolly be here til sunday if anyone is in the area. We'd love to have someone who knows the mountain well show us around, or just explore. Hit me up!

#8 ·
yeah, I'll keep an eye on that. I think I'll likely head there this w/e to enjoy nice snow at least "ONCE" before season's end! All we had here was ice for the past 5 weeks or so!

BTW, how are the parks there, Well maintained? Do you have to pay for access or is it free?

Cheers...

#16 ·
Can't argue with you there, Wildcat is still in good shape as well. The weather Saturday was a 10/10 (finally timed it perfect). My only reservation doing it later in the season is hiking out. Almost got to the Summit, but time and exhaustion were becoming an issue, so it was nice to descend close to 4K vertical right to the truck. The lip seemed steeper than in past years. I may be talking out of my ass, but it felt closer to 50 degrees than 45. Enjoy the rest of your season, and I hope to see you guys up at Jay next year.

#23 · (Edited)
Looks like no-go this w/e to JP! :(
Weather calling for light rain Saturday - Monday and little on sunday (though forecast says sunny)!!!!
Also, seems to be only 3/8 lifts and 37/77 trails open.
Bumer cause I really wanted to try JP before putting the season to full wrap... oh well... maybe next season!

Mystocfalcon... I'll let you know if I have a change of heart (possible) for Sunday! Otherwise, r**n check for next year! :)

Cheers...

#25 · (Edited)
haha... don't tell me "after" I miss it! :) That would be brutal Myst!!!
Seriously; can you post how it is tomorrow (if you're going)? If it looks good, I may just come Sunday. :)
Looks all cloudy from here so far, but you never know. :rolleyes:
I'm still up for the drive if it's worth the trip. :cool:
Keep me posted.
Cheers bud and hope you had fun on the cruise...

#28 ·
Today was great, absolutely beautiful weather and conditions that were much better than I had anticipated. While there are definitely bare spots, there are a surprising number of good trails and the snow itself is mostly very fast, wet granular. Here's a short clip from today showing one of the better, and one of the worst trails, condition-wise. We had so much fun we decided to stay for tomorrow :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.