Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Arapahoe Question
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
AWNOW
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGator View Post
Been boarding twice now - 1st time in Jan @ Wolf Creek, and second in Feb on the east coast.. Finally clicked on my last day so the wife and I bought some new equipment and booked one more trip for the year to A-Basin in June (on what is likely closing weekend unless the snow keeps up and they stay open till July!! If they are closed, going to one-way to Mammoth - long story though )...

Thinking about buying the season pass tomorrow when it goes on sale (2011-2012) as I think it would pay for itself in two trips (I come from FL so I take a 4 day trip each time)...

Would I like A-Basin enough to want to come back? Or should I just pay the daily rate and see?

I would say I am low-level intermediate now and want to get better.. Don't want to stay on the east coast and Denver is my cheapest (Southwest) non-stop flight somewhere good...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
Closing week at Abay there are maybe 2 trails open. And it is all snow cone snow. People will be stoned and drunk, and mainly hanging out in the parking lot. The snow will probably prevent you from having a mind blowing experience, but the atmosphere is great.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote