Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Skull Candy: I Should Have Listened
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
,andreas

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Somebody is all butthurt we're making fun of his overhyped, overpriced Ed Hardy looking headphones...

If they're all the same then why are you paying for SK's marketing via their ridiculous mark up?
I do not pay the MSRP for skullcandy headphones/earbuds, or any product of theirs for that matter. I repeatedly buy skullcandy because I have had absolutely ZERO trouble with their warranty. Although I shouldn't have to warranty things as much as I did, I'd much rather consistently have a new product and not pay for it, then to buy a new product over and over and over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbryan89 View Post
You my friend have had absolutely nothing helpful or educational to say... I am now convinced that when it comes to audio equipment YOU have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about if you think skullcandy products are of quality. What we are simply saying is that skullcandy headphones might be decent if they carried a price tag 1/4 of what they actually are... However they charge WAY too much for the product that they sell... I am not complaining, because I have tested their headphones and have chosen to put my money elsewhere. Now if somebody were to repeat the mistake by purchasing sk products repeatedly, and expect a different result then yes... I would have zero sympathy for the buyer, and I think that OP has learned this lesson.

Now onto your point about the "backstory" on production of products. Just because many products are constructed in foreign countries does not mean that they are all of equal quality. For instance, sk headphones are manufactured in China, as are sony'. However if you compare a set of headphones of equal price from each company there is a tremendous difference in both build quality, and sound quality. A $40 set of sony headphones with blow any set of sk' out of the water in both senses (so your argument is neither valid nor educated). So again we are not "bitching" about skullcandy, but simply advising people not to waste their money on sk products. They are WAY overpriced for the quality you get.

I think I can speak for everybody else here in saying please, if you insist on coming back here and bringing negativity with you at least try to educate yourself first so that you do not sound completely ignorant.
Yet again, you do not know what you are talking about. I just love the fact that you're talking out of you're ass and act like you know what you're talking about,because you touched the earbuds and said, "oh... DIFFERENT." http://gizmodo.com/#!5617200/the-sec...-cheap-earbuds

Last edited by ,andreas; 04-03-2011 at 09:33 AM.
,andreas is offline   Reply With Quote