Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

OPINIONS: NS Raptor X vs Nitro Pantera LX

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  dice 
#1 ·
I'm looking to get a hard charging board for speed, carving, and park jumps.

I owned NS Titan TX in the past, have a Burton T6 and have almost made up my mind on the Raptor (which I never tried) until I took out the Nitro Pantera for a demo ride.

The Pantera was soooo super fast I could not believe how I was blowing by everyone in sight! And I was on a 160 (my size 164+) and can`t imagine what the LX model will feel like. From double diamonds to cat walks... that board just kills it. But most notable was how damn and smooth the ride was on chop, ice, bumps or anything. Was really awesome. And I rode the T6 before and after! Truth be said, I loved it twice as much as my T6! Oh, forgot to mention it pops you to the moon! :D

Was wondering if anyone had the experience of riding this board (Pantera LX) and the NS Raptor to give me an opinion on the 2 side by side in terms of:

1. Speed
2. dampness
3. Edge hold on ice
4. Pop and landing park jumps

Keep in mind I tried the Pantera but interested in the Pantera LX.

Cheers & thnx in advance...

See less See more
#4 ·
I like NS's as well. But enjoy trying out different brands/boards to see what they're up to. I guess it will be 1/1,000,000 chance someone actually tried both these boards and lurkes here! :)

I'm really leaning towards getting the Pantera. Problem is I demoed the regualr 2012 Pantera not LX version. Nitro dist. tell me the LX (their highest end model) will actually be less damp than the regular Pantera because it (the LX) is more lively and stiffer!!! So he threw me off and back to drawing boards (BB).

Moreover, 2011/12 specs seem identical, and dist says it's only cosmetic changes. But I could swear I saw a thicker "black" rubber layer on the 2012 sidewall than I did on the 2011. Which is why I think it was so damp (absorbing).

Thnx for the thought anyways.

Cheers...

#5 ·
I reached 57 MPH on my Pantera and it held amazing on that ice coast solid crap. Wasn't the LX model though, just the regular one.

If you're looking for solid carves and crazy speed rushes - this one will do great.

Both boards will I'm sure.

I have the 2009 one and the topsheet chips real easy though, dunno if they've improved that over time.

Go with the cheapest one.

#6 ·
Now that you brought speed issue up, that was by far one of the fastest boards I've been on. And I own/had fast boards. The base just felt like it was gliding on clouds. :D But what impressed me was how damp it was.

Only LX available in my size and at a nice 40% discount for 2011. Just not sure if they truly are the same as 2012! And if LX is less damp as dist. told me (which doesn't make sense)! :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.