Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Arapahoe Question
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 10:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
neednsnow
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullGator View Post
Thinking about buying the season pass tomorrow when it goes on sale (2011-2012) as I think it would pay for itself in two trips (I come from FL so I take a 4 day trip each time)...

Would I like A-Basin enough to want to come back? Or should I just pay the daily rate and see?

I would say I am low-level intermediate now and want to get better.. Don't want to stay on the east coast and Denver is my cheapest (Southwest) non-stop flight somewhere good...

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
It'll be tough to judge A-Ba in June since, well, it'll be June and not Feb or March. If Denver is your best and cheapest direct and you plan on taking 2 4-day trips out there, i see no reason to balk at the Bonus Pass. I live in the Philadelphia area and I did the A-Ba pass a few seasons ago. Took one week-long trip and rode Breck, Vail, and A-Ba for the 240 pass price (the prices have gone up). It was a great move on my part, for sure! A-Basin is a good, locals mountain. So, invest now, ride in June for Free, and guarantee that you'll have reason to go riding next year! Considering a 3-day at Breck is $200 and a single shot at Vail (Which you MUST USE and plan wisely!!!) is 105 and (85 if you buy online a week before, which kills the whole "plan wisely" idea)

I honestly only rode A-Ba twice during that trip, and it wasn't that I didn't like it, it was that I had other options (and lodging in Breckenridge.) I'm sure you'll enjoy Abasin and the bonuses plenty to justify a Bonus Pass! It may not be Wolf Creek, but it'll be the snot out of whatever you rode out here in the East.

Last edited by neednsnow; 04-04-2011 at 10:21 AM.
neednsnow is offline   Reply With Quote