Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New From Bellingham, WA - Baker Baker!
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
realchaos1

Update: Ran into Tim up at Baker over the weekend. Hope he hits me back on here. I'm going to take Thur-Fri off this week to hit the slopes after this April storm!

I've cracked my DC snowboard, it looks like it's only the top layer caused by a delaminating edge. Hopefully it won't go all the way through the core.

Not sure if it's the quality of DC snowboards or if it's just my luck. This board is a 2009, not sure if I can get it warrantied. I bought it off an Instructor up at Baker after he won it at a competition... I've only had it for 3 months.

Here's some pics of the delam.

The third image it's hard to see but their's a surface crack all the way past the middle of the board. I think it's mainly from the snow that got packed into the crack.

I think I'm going to run down to the marine shops here in the bay and track down Loctite HySol 9412. I found this repair tutorial, not sure how I'm going to get a syringe without looking like a junky lol. Delamination Repair - Part 1 - Snowboard Seattle Community

Last edited by realchaos1; 04-04-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: WHOA! Sorry I had to resize those HUGE images.
realchaos1 is offline   Reply With Quote