Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton's "48 hour return" warranty is BS
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
yso

Quote:
Originally Posted by romesaz View Post
I'm sorry, but I really don't think you're wholly right here. When you send out an email to a huge manufacturer like that, you can't expect immediate reply. I've had that happen to me with big Computer Hardware Manufacturers.
My question is, if this was so urgent... why didnt you just call them? You would have gotten a rep immediately, and would probably have gotten a shipping box at your door, expenses paid, by next day.

Heck, I work at a midsized company, 200-300 people, and deal only with about 20 people max at any given time. If I want something done immediately, I call. Cause there is a good chance, that although it's only 20 people that I communicate with, that I won't get a reply for another day or two.
You can only expect a much greater email delay from a huge corporation's customer service.

Sorry, just my 2 cents.
I completely agree. A phone call gets a whole lot more done than an email, especially if it's urgent.