Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton's "48 hour return" warranty is BS
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
aloha23

I disagree that you shouldn't expect an immediate/quick reply via email. Burton is a huge company now. They need to boost their customer service resources if they've grown too much to handle the inflow of questions. It's not acceptable just to say they can't get to it. I don't care what kind of company it is, computer, sporting goods, cell phone, whatever.

While I agree that calling has more potential for an immediate response, my experience with Burton customer service has been terrible also. I sent an email a month ago asking a compatibility question between an older r.e.d.(burton owned) helmet with current audex earpads. Just got a response back this week basically telling me to visit a local Burton dealer to answer this question.

I called them as well and when I finally got a rep on the phone, he said he didn't know. So, I'm supposed to accept that a "local Burton dealer" knows more about an older model helmet (which they probably don't even sell anymore) than the actual manufacturer? That's what they want to communicate? Really? You don't know basic details regarding your own products? Ridiculous.