Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I want to hear about your first time going down a black diamond stories!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
fayewolf

Default I want to hear about your first time going down a black diamond stories!

I went down a very short black diamond last week! Well, I didn't know it was a black diamond (seriously, very short, but still!!). I still have one paid group lesson left at this mountain so I had to use it this past weekend before the mountain closes, luckily, I was the only one at level 4/5/6, so I got a 2.5hr private lesson for $50!

After a few warm up runs, said instructor took me up the mountain and said we'll go down a few slightly steeper blues, but he said he has total confidence that I can do it.... so we went. I looked at the slope under the chair lift, and ask him "are you serious, this looks kinda steep?", he said it was fine and so I went. He went down first and tell me to "traverse", now "turn"! With someone encouraging me, I made it down fine! (Well, i did fell when I panicked and put my weight on my back leg and instead of just fall and sit down, i slide down for a bit!!)

After we got to the the bottom of that area, he said "congrats, you just did your first black diamond, see how steep that beast was?" pointing his finger back up.

What's your story?
fayewolf is offline   Reply With Quote