Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #782 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardaddicktd View Post
leo: hah, yea i have plenty of spring hobbies but after the spring riding i had experienced last year, im determined to get another session on one of those warm, sunny days! im looking at the wknd of april 15-16. i'm sure someone will be open still. if not i'll put the stick away for the year! the slopes still have plenty of snow. i'm sure at this point, it's whether they're selling enough lift tix to justify keeping the hills open.
Boyne Highlands is closed. Nubs is officially closing this Sunday 4/10. Crystal Mountain closed last Sunday; although The North Face back side will hold rideable snow for a few more weeks, unfortunately there is no parking nearby but it could potentially be poached if you wanted to hike a little bit.

Boyne Mountain is "open daily through 4/10" but... I heard rumors a few weeks ago that because of all the snow this year they might re-open on weekends-only later in the month. There is some ski/golf combination outing on 4/16 but I am not sure if the hill will be open to the public or if it is just for people who sign up for the event.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 48

Mt. Brighton - 13
Hawk Island - 6
Mt. Holly - 5
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Boyne Mountain - 2
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2