Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Anyone been to Holiday Valley (Western NY) in the last week?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sincraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
Well I took my son up yesterday and while I was a bit ticked it was nearly full price ($51 for adult 8 hour) the conditions were perfect until late in the day when it started to firm up. Also at 4:30 they shut down all but 2 lifts so the line was quite long for a bit but then it spread out.
Yea if you do a bit of searching on their site, they proclaim that they use lifts efficiently to be 'green'. Kills me when I see a corporation proclaim that their cheapness is for green purposes lol.

I was there and they surely had bare minimum lifts running. It would have been so KICK ASS if they had the lifts to the west and east running, but instead all they had was basically the middle / middle bottom of the resort running. I hope to checkout the place when it's fully running but really hate crowds and from what I've heard this place gets pretty packed in. Maybe I'll keep an eye on their webcams early/late season next year and time it when most lifts are running for that sweat spot riding time at HV.

It's a shame they didn't operate more lifts. Late season riding should have benefits to negate the poor conditions. Short/no lines. They had the ability with their snow to open the entire mountain but opted to save a few $.
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote