Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - TR - Revelstoke, BC
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
brownSnow

in brief the logistics getting to Revelstoke are pretty simple

knowledge from our last trip out there pointed us to booking during early/mid february as the snow was primo during that period. (however with La Nina this year almost any week or month during the season was killer!)

I put the word out to my crew late summer that we were going to head back to Revi during that time and told everyone to start saving their pennies.

We independently booked our flights via westjet flying from Toronto to Kelowna. (about $500 each return)
For the 3hrs drive north we booked a chevy express van from National. (worked out to about $100 each, rental and gas incl.)

And with respects to the hotel, we directly booked with RMR to stay at the foot of the mountain in the newly constructed Nelson lodge (top notch 5 star, steps to the gondola from our rooms, not cheap, but worth every penny).

Alternatively, there are several hotel/motels in the town of Revi you can stay at for WAY cheaper (The Sandman, Motel 8, etc.), Only draw back is the 15min drive to the hill each day (and when you've got a crew of 7 to 10 it's not always easy getting everyone up at the crack of dawn after drinking and playing cards into the wee hours of the morning).

Lift ticket wise, going into the fall the resort has deals online. I bought the 6 day pass for the price of 4 days i think (or something like that, saved about $100 overall).

hit me up with other questions if you have them, you'll jog my memory ; )

and here's a little thing i'm working on to wet the appetite (first year "trying" to use a helmet cam)

YouTube - separate reality
brownSnow is offline   Reply With Quote