Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Kinda bummed.....
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sincraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder28 View Post
So today I am taking the bindings off of my board I have been riding this season (2010 Signal Omni), and low and behold, under my binding is a giant ass break. Not a crack, but a full on, almost clean through break. Normally, I would be thinking warranty, but I didn't buy this board, I won it. I've shot an e-mail off to Signal in hopes that might take pity on me, though I am not expecting them to by any means. Thankfully, I have another stick to ride, but I love my Signal. It's just a fun board to ride. Anyways, I'm really just venting here. I'll post a picture of it tonight when I get home from work so you guys can see it as well. My biggest question through all of this though is, How long I have been riding with a giant ass break in my board?
Should matter if you won it, bought it or beat someone over the head to snatch it, it's yours and they have a pretty darn good idea about the oldest the board can be. Fast forward today, and does that day exceed the warranty period? Call them and ask. Wouldn't be surprised if you get it covered. if they dont. 1. dont buy from that company again and 2. tell them you are going to seek out others with a similar issue and push to have a recall forced on them if they dont replace it. They will most likely just laugh at you, but if you reach someone high up enough, that will make them cringe. Be sure to give them the link to your you tube video and your blog showing the defect of their products and why people shouldnt buy from them. Always end with "in my opinion" to avoid litigation and you are well on your way to strong arming a company.

Probably won't work, but hey it surely worked in the United States whereas banks were forced to provide loans to people that could never ever afford to pay for....

ok stepping off my soapbox, got to excuse me, I just got done working on my taxes ...
Sincraft is offline   Reply With Quote