Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bumpy terrain
Thread: Bumpy terrain
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
d916

Question Bumpy terrain

Hello, I am in between a beginner/intermediate and wanted to know if there are certain techniques or boards I should use in such a bumpy terrain out on the mountains this spring. I went out to Northstar resort about 2 weeks about and the whole mountain was really bumpy, icy, slushy and not flat and smooth. I was having a hard time getting down getting my carves down and getting down the mountain each time because of it. Maybe because of fear? However, It was like mini moguls all over the runs even on the groomed green runs . So I was wondering what might help me get better and improve my riding in such conditions. Should I just be more dynamic and ride over the bumps? Also, while I was riding, I was always trying to avoid the bumps and go at a slow speed when going down a pretty steep slope cutting my way through to get down and pass the steep sections of the runs. I saw many other that did not seem to have any trouble at all zooming down the mountain with ease and that's how I want to ride Is there something I'm doing wrong? Maybe my board being a FK reverse cambered? I was riding my horrorscope at the time. Would it make a difference riding a original cambered board? I can take one of my camber boards out if it would be better. I'm going out again this weekend so I'm hoping to obtain as much info as I can so I can shred away and have fun on probably my last time this season. And thanks in advance!
d916 is offline   Reply With Quote