Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton's "48 hour return" warranty is BS
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
st.stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netstalker View Post
I am a noob so this more of a question with a statement. First I will say I am not a burton hater, while my board , boots and bindings are not burton alot of my other gear is. The store I bought my stuff at, said there have been alot of problems with burton bindings this year ( they had a drawer full of broken straps and buckles from 08 Cartels). While I was there some guy came in with another set of broken cartel bindings. So is there a problem with Burton bindings breaking? A lot of my friends have burton boards and gear, but none of them have burton bindings. Mine are Ride Beta ULs.
Yeah, my overall experience with Burton bindings (at least the newer models) is that their materials although they look good feel EXTREMELY cheap and not up to riding long without breaking. I currently own a pair of Rome Arsenals (their cheapest binding set) and have also ridden my friends' 08 Cartels and I would not trade him even if he gave me money to. Seriously, the quality Burton has atm in their bindings compared to companies like Rome, Ride, or Option is just disappointing...