Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canada Post adding false tracking details?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
fleming08

Default Canada Post adding false tracking details?

Hi all,

I would like to get some opinions/thoughts here. Recently purchased bindings online from a Canadian store. Its been over 8 weeks(14th Feb) and still haven't received them. I have been VERY patient and have sent several emails to this store asking them to investigate the problem. They give me the standard "its in customs" answer. I was patient and waited.

On the 5th April, an insurance claim was lodged as I have deemed the items as lost (store has agreed to refund me). Fast forward a week later, 12th April - I follow this up with the store as they do not give me any further updates. They reply with "I will update you as soon as I have any information"

Its the 15th - Still no word from the store, I send another email asking for an update. No reply but somehow a few hours later the tracking miraculously updates to "International shipment has arrived in the destination country" - To me this seems dodgy and think it was only updated to "shut up the sender/receiver", my guess is that they want to avoid an insurance claim for their incompetence. What also seems fishy, is that the location was not updated, previous locations were always updated at every check-in point. Below are the time stamps.

So my question is - Can Canada Post fake destination updates? I have kept this store anonymous as they pride themselves in customer service, I'm not a fan in bad mouthing unless necessary.

What are your thoughts? Sorry for the long post.

2011/04/15---09:02-----International item arrived in destination country
2011/04/15---09:02-----Item has been sent to customs in the destination country
2011/04/15---06:00-----International shipment has arrived in the destination country
2011/02/24---07:53-----VANCOUVER----International item has left Canada
2011/02/16---12:51-----RICHMOND-----Item processed at postal facility
2011/02/14---16:58-----REGINA-------Item processed at postal facility
2011/02/14---14:55-----REGINA-------Item accepted at the Post Office
fleming08 is offline   Reply With Quote